The medical recruitement team at Sonographers Medical are very careful about the staff we provide.
We understand that a poor Locum is often less use than no Locum at all. And in our specialist field, mistakes often go un-noticed for days, weeks or months before they come back to haunt you.
So, we ensure you only receive quality Locum staff who know exactly what is expected of them, and we make sure they can do it.
The first steps in ensuring this, happens long before the locum reaches a Client.
What Checks Do We Run On Our Locums?
The NHS Employment Check Standards outline the employment checks agencies must carry out before appointing staff into NHS positions, across England.
APPLICATION CHECK LIST
- Curriculum Vitae (up dated)
- 2 referee details (most current)
- Application form
- Medical questionnaire
- Immunisations : Hep B (Titre levels must be greater than >100MIU/L and serology report must be issued within the last 5 years. Measles Mumps RubellaVaricella / chicken pox (please ask your consultant for a self declaration form if you haven’t got a report), TB.
(Copies of reports must be given)
- DBS Disclosure (Formally called CRB Disclosure – You must have 5 years address history)
- 2 proof of address ( must be within the last 3 months)
- Visa or rights to work in the UK
- GMC, HCPC or NMC registration certificate, if applicable
- Qualification certificate (copy of your degree)
- CPD certificates (copies)
- Mandatory training (basic life support ETC)
- 2 passport size photos
- Handbook ( returned signed)
- Ltd company details or bank details (if registered)
Please inform your recruitment consultant if you require any assistance in providing the above documents. We have contracts with Medical Labs and Mandatory training centres to assist you with any requirements.
Sonographers Medical comprehensive Application Pack ensures that we obtain a full history of the locums Professional activities, with complete details of their employment history.
Every locum must supply two Professional References. These References are confirmed for authenticity by telephone or mail. Additional weight is given to References obtained from UK employers and one Reference must be from the locums most recent Line Manager.
We perform checks on Work Permits and Working Holiday Visa’s and insist on inspecting original Passport or Birth Certificate documentation to ensure a Locum has a ‘ Right To Work’ in the UK.
We are registered with the Criminal Records Bureau, CRB DBS and all staff now undergo an Enhanced Records Check. This includes a check to see if they have been identified on any protection registers. The DBS CRB check is then repeated annually.
Where applicable, State Registration is confirmed with the Registrar for every Locum, regardless of whether they are able to show us a Registration Certificate.
In cases where we are uncertain of a Locums clinical abilities, we arrange for them to be assessed in a NHS Trust Department. The resulting Report from this placement is discussed with the Applicant and with any future Client.
At the end of any placement lasting more than two weeks, a Reference is obtained from the Department Head to identify strengths and weaknesses in the Locums abilities. Again, this Reference is made available to future clients.
All Locums have an Annual Appraisal to identify where improvements in their professional abilities can be made and whether locum work continues to be in their best interest
Whilst all locum staff will continue to require Criminal Record Bureau Disclosures, new CRB DBS rules will shortly require staff to obtain registration with the Vetting & Barring Scheme Click here for more information